Hey there! Can you believe it’s already 2024?
As I am slowly making strides back to work after the holidays, I’m taking some time to reflect on the past year.
What were some of your biggest accomplishments and challenges?
Let’s take a moment to look back and celebrate the good, learn from the challenges, and set some intentions for the year ahead.
Are you with me? Let’s do this!
Part Two: What I am leaving behind in 2023.
As I reflect on what I learned last year, I have identified a few things that I am leaving behind:
- Believing that it is my responsibility to solve every problem. I have learned to empower others by sharing how I would solve the problem without taking any further action. This allows them to feel inspired and take ownership of the situation. This is especially true for me with my family.
- Failing to appreciate my natural gifts without recognising their worth and value. I’ve taken the time to reflect on my strengths and accomplishments. I am also celebrating my wins, both big and small.
- Feeling guilty for disconnecting and taking time alone. To perform at my best, it is crucial to recharge. I have learned to take my boundaries seriously to protect my time & energy and make “me time” a priority.
- Doing things the hard way simply because it is easier to imagine. It sounds weird: my professional background sometimes plays against me and takes me into a spiral of overthinking. I am learning to ask myself how it would be if I chose to make it easier. I am also experimenting more for the fun of it.
- Playing small and not realising how big my impact is meant to be. I am stepping outside my comfort zone and going for what I believe will make a difference. I remember that my voice matters.
- Feeling disconnected from what truly feels like me. I am amplifying the voice of my intuition and trusting it more. My inner voice knows what’s right for me.
- Being vague, indirect, and avoidant in my communication, believing I can hurt people otherwise. I am learning to communicate my needs and boundaries clearly and concisely. I remember it’s essential to be assertive and direct while still being respectful of others.
- Getting lost in others’ expectations of and desires for me. I am focusing on what I want rather than what others expect. This is big for me, especially related to the ones closer to me. It’s another dimension of setting boundaries and prioritising my own happiness and well-being.
- Letting one situation control the rest of my hour, day, week, month. I have anchors that I have developed through time, and now I can recognise myself falling for the negative distortions of my brain and finding a new path based on my choice for joy and positivity.
I believe I am progressing on my learning path by leaving these things behind. Therefore, I am able to move forward and achieve my goals more effectively.
Digest and accept.
What did you learn in 2023?
I am also excited to see what 2024 holds!
Light and Love,
Hilda Lorena 🌺
Hi, I’m Hilda Lorena! 👋
And if we haven’t met yet,
As a certified & accredited ICF & IIN coach and NLP Practitioner, I dream of changing the world one person at a time. I believe that #lifeisapractice.
With my offers, I aim to partner with you and do the foundational work necessary to build a thriving relationship with yourself, enabling you to create the life you desire.
📩 Sign up for my free 5-Day Reset email series to Increase your Energy & Take Control of your Time.